Welcome to the Terms & Conditions for all ticket purchases for Roar Media Limited events and/or conferences; through purchase of any Roar Media Limited event and/or conference you are accepting the following terms & conditions that are applicable to all ticket types purchased on or after January 1st 2021.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and Roar Media Limited regarding the online registration and purchasing of a pass for an Event, including these terms and conditions;
Full Conference Pass: as set out by the description at the time on the website.
Live Stream Pass: as set out by the description at the time on the website.
OnDemand Pass: as set out by the description at the time on the website.
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of Roar Media Limited Events;
Roar Media: Roar Media Limited having its registered office at 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, registered with the Companies House in the United Kingdom with company number 09947159;
VAT: Value Added Tax; All ticket prices are inclusive of VAT, you may request a VAT invoice for your records;
You: means every legal entity or natural person that enters into an agreement with Roar Media Limited by purchasing a pass and/or registering for an event.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and Roar Media Limited. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by Roar Media Limited in writing. By purchasing a Pass or registering for an event You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Roar Media Limited has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website
3. If You are registering on behalf of another person You are obliged to inform this person about these Terms and Conditions and arrange for acceptance.
Conclusion of Agreement
4. By clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” or any other suggestion of booking/reserving/paying for tickets on the Website You conclude an agreement with Roar Media Limited for the purchase of a Pass. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form and provide your name and email address; and (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Please inform us of any special access requirements at the time of the purchase of your Pass.
5. By submitting registration details, You agree to allow Roar Media Limited to contact You as required for the organisation and administration of the Event. If Roar Media Limited cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data entered by You on the order form, Roar Media Limited may cancel the reservation.
Payment of Pass and registration fee
6. The prices for a Pass are listed on Roar Media Limited event websites with local VAT or local taxes, if applicable. Payment must be done in GBP.
7. You must pay the registration fee prior to the start of the Event. Roar Media Limited can ask for on the spot online payment in case no fees are received yet. There are no sales at the door of the Event venue.
Transfer and Refund policy
10. If You are unable to attend the Event You are allowed to transfer your Pass to a third party. You can transfer Your Pass to a third party by using the link that is provided in the confirmation email. Roar Media Limited have introduced a Relaxed Refund Policy where you can receive a refund for any reason up to 30 days of commencement of the conference; then if the event is cancelled for any reason you will receive a refund; if you’re ordered by any travel restriction or government restriction to not attend or travel for any reason up to 24 hours before the event you will receive a full refund; evidence must be provided up to 24 hours prior in this instance.
11. Please note that the Passes purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Passes for commercial gain (or any other breach of this term), Roar Media Limited reserves the right to cancel the relevant Passes with immediate effect and without refund.
12. You are allowed to cancel the purchase of a Pass within fourteen (14) days after purchase by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . This does not apply within 14 days of the event taking place.
Changes or cancellation of the Event
13. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, Roar Media Limited reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of the Event. The relaxed refund policy can always be exercised at this point.
14. Roar Media Limited reserves the right to make changes to the Event if there is a justified reason to do so, for example if a speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while Event speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of Roar Media Limited may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the Event speakers and/or topics. As such, Roar Media Limited reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised Event speakers and/or topics at any time without any liability to You whatsoever. No refunds will be provided to You if the Event is changed unless exercised under the relaxed refund policy.
15. Roar Media Limited is not responsible for any expenditure, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of a Event.
17. Roar Media Limited maintains House Rules applicable to all attendees of an Event, including You. These House Rules form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions.
18. Roar Media Limited preserves the right to refuse Your admission to the Event for any behaviour Roar Media Limited deems unacceptable, or if You breach the Code of Conduct or breach any of the Terms and Conditions.
19. If You are under the age of 18 You are not allowed to visit the in-person part of the Event venue before, during or after an Event, unless permission is provided by Roar Media Limited under the conditions set by Roar Media Limited.
20. The possession of a Pass or admission to a Event does not grant You permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of Roar Media Limited, its affiliates or any third party, such as other attendees, sponsors or Event speakers.
User Generated Content
21. The digital part of the Event may allow for questions to be posted to Event speakers and for other forms of user generated content (“UGC”). Roar Media Limited does not guarantee that all questions posted during an Event will be answered.
22. If You post any UGC on the Event website, You are granting Roar Media Limited a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay You for this and with or without attribution to You. This means that You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use any UGC You publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to You. You also waive any moral rights that You may have in regard to the UGC.
23. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC that:
– is not your own original work;
– containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
– is threatening, offensive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
– is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; or personally attacks any Event speaker or any other individual participating in the Event.
Photography and Recordings
24. An Event may be filmed and/or recorded by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed (including footage or photographs of individuals or groups of attendees), and You must inform the photographer(s) at the Event if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group footage or photographs All Event sessions will be recorded. If You do not consent to being recorded, You can choose not to actively participate in the Event session or choose to leave the Event.
25. You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Event website, or use any photographs or screenshots of the Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Roar Media Limited.
26. Roar Media Limited, and any third party licensed by Roar Media Limited, is permitted to use and distribute footage and photographs from an Event, which may feature images, name, voice and words of You, in any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs and without any further approval from You or any payment to You.
27. Notwithstanding any clause to the contrary, You shall not have any claim to compensation or benefits or any claim, including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity, arising out of any use, alteration, blurring, distortion or use in composite form of their name, image, picture, voice, or likeness in connection with such footage or photographs.
28. The Event website may contain links to third party websites and contributions. Please note that Roar Media Limited is not responsible for the practices of these third parties. We advise You to assess the terms and conditions of these third parties before using their website or viewing their contributions.
Access to or Participation in the Event and Liability
29. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to or participation in the Event.
33. Roar Media Limited reserves the right to refuse your participation to or remove access to the Event for any behavior Roar Media Limited deems unacceptable such as any behavior that could disrupt, hinder or cause nuisance or a security risk to the Event, or if You breach the House Rules or any of the Terms and Conditions without any liability to You or an obligation to refund.
34. Views expressed by the Event speakers are their own and Roar Media Limited disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed in connection with an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
35. Roar Media Limited is solely liable towards You for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. Roar Media Limited overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Pass for the Event.
37. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
38. Roar Media Limited may update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force after they are announced via the Website.
39. If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact email@example.com
Governing law & disputes
40. The Agreement between You and Roar Media Limited, these Terms and Conditions and the House Rules shall be exclusively governed by the law of the United Kingdom.
41. Any dispute arising from the Agreement, these Terms and Conditions or the House Rules will be submitted to the competent court in the United Kingdom.